Monday, August 25, 2008

Cliff Notes Bible

Don't worry, I'm still reading. I'm in Numbers, and just learned about Heave Offerings. I hope I never get tested on these things, because everytime I hear the words "heave offering" I don't think pleasant thoughts.

Anyway, I found this poem (at Meridian Magazine) and loved it. I also learned that if you read three chapters a day, you can finish all of the standard works in 18 months. So really it shouldn't take me 10 years to finish the OT.


The Bible in Fifty Words

God made
Adam bit
Noah arked
Abraham split
Joseph ruled
Jacob fooled
Bush talked
Moses balked
Pharaoh plagued
People walked
Sea divided
Tablets guided
Promise landed
Saul freaked
David peeked
Prophets warned
Jesus born
God walked
Love talked
Anger crucified
Hope died
Love rose
Spirit flamed
Word spread
God remained.

- Unknown

2 comments:

Bradwich said...

I love the poem. I'm right between "Saul freaked" and "David peeked," and things really pick up after the five books of Moses. You can do it, Maren! I'm here for ya.

Maren said...

Thanks Brad! I can always count on you!